The School Library has an updated collection of books and it is open to all the bonafide students of the school.
- All the classes are provided with at least one library period per week.
- There are class libraries in all sections of classes I to V, wherein students build up their class libraries and share, exchange and read books.
- We also have the concept of DEAR ( Drop Everything And Read).
- The students are encouraged to write book reviews of the books they have read and submit the same to the teacher /librarian for display on the library board.
- The students must bring their Almanac to the library. They are advised to write the titles and the authors of the books read.
The School Clinic
The school has a qualified doctor and a nurse to treat minor ailments and injuries of students, while they are in school. The school clinic administers first-aid. In case of emergency, students requiring special medical attention are referred to a nearby hospital or clinic. The parents are requested to honour the bill. The parents should inform the school / clinic about their child's special problem, if any.
School - Home Partnership
Parents are equal partners in educating ‘Our’ children. The involvement of parents is sought in all the school programmes. Parent-Teacher Meetings are held on regular basis to apprise the parents with their wards’ performance. It aims at acquainting them with their ward’s specific strengths and weaknesses in scholastic areas. The purpose of these meets is to keep the stake holder-parents and teachers focus at the holistic development of each child and to strengthen the bond between the school and home.
Guidance and Counselling Facilities
Indraprastha is aware of the stress which the students undergo. Keeping in sync with the problems faced by them in this fast changing world, the school has a guidance and counselling cell. The counsellor helps them cope with their problems and facilitates balanced growth.
The developmental needs of adolescents are anticipated and corrective steps are taken to help them experience a smooth transition from one stage to another. In order to ensure a healthy and all round development, the following activities are conducted at regular intervals:-
• Parental interviews to ascertain the exact nature of the students' problems.
• Individual and group counselling to guide the students to be self-reliant.
• Follow-up of children with special needs and providing them the required facilities based on CBSE guidelines.
• Orientation workshops and seminars for the teachers, parents and students.
An online web portal for the students’ and parents is available at www.indraprasthaschool.com. The web portal provides timely updates. Once a student is admitted to the school, a unique login is provided wherein, students/parents can log in, using allocated username and password to access the personal information, timetable, exam schedules, latest happenings, achievements, online assignments, activity schedule, syllabus, model test papers, circulars, photo gallery, upcoming holidays, homework, etc.
Student's Name : Aanya Sachdeva
Username : ipis"Admn.no." (This is branch specific).
Password : will be auto generated